Search found 331 matches: colombia*

Return to advanced search

Re: A New Blend

Very nice. I also have found that the Colombia Timana Principales Lotes, an excellent bean, was better in a blend than by itself. I only tried it with one other bean so far, some aging but still excellent PNG Tairora Smallholders, but it was ...
by bigbells
Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:51 am
 
Forum: Choosing Coffees, Cupping, Coffee Reviews, Coffee Storage
Topic: A New Blend
Replies: 1
Views: 276

A New Blend

I was very low on coffee so I put together what I had left to hold me for a few days. I roasted together 40% Brazil Fazenda Junqueira Reis, 40% Colombia Timana Principales Lotes and 20% Timor Eraulu Lauana Villages (all from Sweet Maria's so I know that they were top quality). It produced the ...
by scotts33919
Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:19 am
 
Forum: Choosing Coffees, Cupping, Coffee Reviews, Coffee Storage
Topic: A New Blend
Replies: 1
Views: 276

Re: Sweet Maria's Choosing Coffee FAQ

... you started, take a look at Rwanda and Kenyas also, our Ethiopias are all very sweet with relatively lower clean cup scores. Take a look at our Colombia Finca Pariso as well.
by byron
Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:30 am
 
Forum: Choosing Coffees, Cupping, Coffee Reviews, Coffee Storage
Topic: Sweet Maria's Choosing Coffee FAQ
Replies: 5
Views: 10851

Re: I have met the beans

The purist in me has to take a back seat to the blender. Colombia Principales that added SO much when about 30%, with the other 70% PNG, is just not nearly as exciting when brewed by itself. Gonna go roast a pound of something else to go with the Colombian. ...
by bigbells
Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:57 am
 
Forum: New Member Introductions
Topic: I have met the beans
Replies: 1705
Views: 337301

Re: I have met the beans

Wow, Martin, I'm glad that based on your positive words about the bean I got me some of the Colombia Timana Principales Lotes. I let my first roasted pound rest for 48 hours and I'm now drinking it for the first time. Lively and delicious, and the fruit reminds me of ...
by bigbells
Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:31 pm
 
Forum: New Member Introductions
Topic: I have met the beans
Replies: 1705
Views: 337301

Re: Heart of the Centrals

(No ill intent, just an attempt to humorously note the topic under which you placed your post.) Yes, but he does get points for spelling Colombia correctly. <grins> Colombia and espresso are two words that I've misspelled more times than I can count. Harass and satellite are up there in the ...
by bigbells
Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:32 pm
 
Forum: Americas
Topic: Heart of the Centrals
Replies: 18
Views: 2235

Re: Heart of the Centrals

(No ill intent, just an attempt to humorously note the topic under which you placed your post.)


Yes, but he does get points for spelling Colombia correctly. <grins>
by BoldJava
Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:34 pm
 
Forum: Americas
Topic: Heart of the Centrals
Replies: 18
Views: 2235

Re: I have met the beans

... East African WP beans? Hard for me to go wrong when I order those. Will be getting my first new greens in over 2 years.. Martin's comments on the Colombian (the less expensive of the current two is my only way to identify it.. the name escapes me) made be unable to resist ordering 10 pounds.
by bigbells
Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:05 pm
 
Forum: New Member Introductions
Topic: I have met the beans
Replies: 1705
Views: 337301

Re: Howdy from Southern Cal

... he didn't! There's something wrong here. FYI Bigbells, it doesn't matter how long someone's been roasting,"boy." I lived in Bogota Colombia (Peace Corps), have been roasting for fifteen years, and have probably forgotten more about roasting than you now know. It doesn't matter! ...
by bigbells
Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:59 pm
 
Forum: New Member Introductions
Topic: Howdy from Southern Cal
Replies: 14
Views: 756

Re: Howdy from Southern Cal

... he didn't! There's something wrong here. FYI Bigbells, it doesn't matter how long someone's been roasting,"boy." I lived in Bogota Colombia (Peace Corps), have been roasting for fifteen years, and have probably forgotten more about roasting than you now know. It doesn't matter! ...
by Robd
Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:09 pm
 
Forum: New Member Introductions
Topic: Howdy from Southern Cal
Replies: 14
Views: 756
Next

Return to advanced search